Team that America LOVES to HATE


If you’ve not figured out the team that every Patriotic American loves to hate, it is the best team football has seen in the entire history of NFL and will continue to be the case in the near future - ‘New England Patriots’.

In case you are wondering how the heck am I a NE fan while I’m not from there nor do I live remotely close to the region. Even though I live in the other corner of the country, my allegiance to this team is two fold -

So, Since then, I’ve been following this team ardently and now at a point where I enjoy shoving their unbeatable run in my son’s face (wink). Yea, he’s a fan of Sea hawks (primarily because of Russell Wilson & the color of their jerseys), he has Rams on his list of favorites based on their comeback performance this season. Besides, it makes sense since we live in LA. I Love Sean McVoy, super young & brilliant coach who turned the team and Jared Goff around just in one season. Looking forward to see them outperform themselves next season and make it to playoffs.

With Patriots, the best is their resilience and stubborn focus. Regardless of any distractions, they stay laser sharp, look at everything from Deflate-gate to Jimmy Garoppolo’s trade with 9ners to media speculation on his  hand injury before the AFC championship game.

Any sports team and sportsman need discipline, rigor and focus, the trio have been unbeatable and hard to replicate. Brady is the Federer of football in records but hated the most. Bill Belichick is only about one thing - Winning and he comes across snotty, mean and unengaging beyond 'Win'. While everyone is busy judging his personality, he's out there driving his team to the 8th Super Bowl.

I’m rooting for Brady, my man as he steps into the US Bank stadium in Minnesota for the LII Super Bowl, his 6th appearance in the last 8 yrs.

How Americans take a game played by hands and call it football, it a whole different topic which I’ll save for another day
a) Association through school, University of Michigan, where Tom Brady went to (Go Blue!) and 

b) my first introduction to the game of football was through my boss in Florida from 18 yrs ago. He was a hard core fan of NE Patriots and his passion to a football team from that far away from home was quite intriguing to me, his way of introducing me to the sport was so powerful that it stayed with me till I went to school in Michigan a few yrs later. Well, you probably connected the dots by now



Comments